About the Trust
We believe the voice of the child should be at the centre of all we do.
We support our social workers to undertake creative methods of intervention to ensure the voice of the child is at the centre of service development. Vulnerable children and families have a voice and their views will impact on how the service is shaped.
Our staff are supported by an accountable and a professional management team. They are encouraged to work creatively, within the statutory framework.
We offer highly skilled, competent social workers who are equipped with the skills they need to develop their professional practice. We support, grow and develop our staff, and ensure they are involved in the development of services.
We offer the following range of social care services:
- Statutory assessments and care planning
- Services for looked-after children
- Fostering and adoption
- Services for young people leaving care
- Rt Hon Jacqui Smith, Chair
- Linda Sanders, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Stephen Rimmer, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Vineeta Manchanda, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Neil Cox, Council Non-Executive Director
- Cllr Peter Allen, Council Non-Executive Director
- Emma Taylor, Chief Executive and Company Director
- Steven Gauntley, Director of Operations and Company Director
- Tara Malik, Director of Resources and Company Secretary
- Carol Singleton, Director of Quality and Peformance
Short biographies of the Board can be found here : https://www.sandwellchildrenstrust.org/about-us/who-we-are/
The Board operates at a strategic level and is the responsible body for the performance, achievement and overall direction of the Sandwell Children’s Trust.